BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Juicing! Days Thirteen and Fourteen: The Days Off Challenge

Day Thirteen Meals - Breakfast: Banana Smoothie; Snack: Clementines; Lunch: King crab legs, Lobster tail and salad; Snack: Pepper strips, watermelon; Dinner: Apple/Broccoli/Peach Juice; Snack: Cherries

Day Fourteen Meals - Breakfast: Apple/Broccoli/Peach Juice; Snack: Clementines; Lunch: Peach/Carrot/Apple/Strawberry Juice and salad; Dinner: Broccoli, Succotash, Carrots, Watermelon, Pineapple, Cantaloupe; Snack: Veggie Chips and nuts

My days off from work have been the hardest parts of this trial. If we are not lazing around on the couch we are usually go go go. Neither scenario is conducive to juicing. In fact I went almost five hours on Tuesday not eating a thing and then realized I had no more juices in the fridge. but we had errands to run and there was no time to juice. I lack the type of forefront planning when it comes to juicing at times. I'm so used to just grabbing something easy on my days off because we are busy and can't be bothered to cook. That has to change. I will have to make a concentrated effort to stop that bad habit so we have healthy good meals made for us at least once each weekend day. During the week I don't have this issue since it is more structured. I get up, I have a juice. I do some stuff, I have a snack. I go to work and take my second juice with me. I have a snack and then I eat the dinner I prepared earlier. I come home from work and I have a snack. But on weekend days, we fly by the seat of our pants, often doing things that aren't planned and I quite honestly forget I just can't grab anything I want when I am hungry. Old habits die hard.

This week however I was a lot better with the cravings and not lusting after what other people are eating in front of me. I even walked past a candy/fudge shop and didn't go inside to sniff the air! Progress, people! I do think, even though I ate good things (with the slight exception of the crab legs and lobster tail, but that was my one of my twice a week full meals. I convinced myself shellfish wasn't too bad. And I had a salad with it!) I may have overindulged a bit too much. Especially on Wednesday. We went to a buffet and I was not too concerned because I knew I could have a huge salad and steamed veggies and I could eat my fill. Unfortunately, that was the problem. Everything looked so good and it was all right there already made! Want some fresh pineapple and watermelon? Don't worry! It's already chopped up for you!. Want some hearty veggies and a nice salad? Hallelujah, all I have to do is put it on a plate, no cutting and washing and storing required! I ended up having a huge dark greens and spinach salad, with chick peas and sunflower seeds, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms and a delicious balsamic vinaigrette. Then I tried a tiny bit of caprese salad because the mozzarella looked mouth-watering, succotash because I LOVE Lima beans and some Chinese broccoli which I had never seen before and thought was asparagus. Some other steamed veggies and a cucumber salad for dessert to take my mind off the chocolate silk pie Charming had. Due to the convenience,  I may have eaten too much just because it was so easy to have all I wanted when I didn't have to prepare it. However, I have felt bloated since last night and am regretting how much I ate. It is possible to overindulge on anything, including vegetables and fruits. I need to listen to my body more and know when to stop.

I am winding down to the end, only five days to go! I also picked up some flax seed I am anxious to use.

1 Sprinkles:

Jen said...

I think it sounds like you did great!